1 Corinthians 12:4-5 ~ Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord
At Mount Vernon, there are a number of ways to give:
- Tithes as commanded by the Bible
- Missionary offerings to assist those in need
- Your time & talent to various ministries of God
- Usable items to help those in need
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to assist with any of the opportunities below.
TITHES & OFFERINGS
- First Responder Rooms – We are building a new ministry around serving those who serve us. In doing so we are in need of the following items:
- Furniture – tables, chairs, refrigerator, microwave,
- Time – cleaning, painting, upkeep
- Magazine Subscriptions
- Food Fight 2016 – The Battle to Fight Hunger May 13-15, 2016 – NorthStar Church Network, in partnership with Feed My Starving Children, is excited to lead the battle against world hunger through a 3-day packing event, at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. The tangible goal of this community-wide event is packing and providing 5 million meals to feed nearly 14,000 hungry children around the world for a year. To get involved please see Bro. Jesse Parker or email email@example.com
- ASPAN – Volunteer to serve a local food bank.
- Emergency Winter Shelter (EWS) Preparation – a terrific direct service opportunity for volunteers aged 18 years or older. Volunteers work together as part of the shelter team. Volunteers must sign in at the beginning of their shift and wear a volunteer badge during their time at the shelter. Volunteers are expected to take their responsibilities seriously and treat every client with respect.
- Arlington Help the Homeless Program – A-SPAN’s Homeless Bagged Meal Program (HBMP) is a completely volunteer-run program at the foundation of A-SPAN’s work on the streets of Arlington. Volunteers prepare and serve up to 80 meals per night at two outdoor locations along the Ballston-Rosslyn metro corridor. Each recipient of the HBMP receives one bagged meal, prepared by volunteers, and one portion of hot food, provided by DC Central Kitchen. To get involved, volunteers may sign up to prepare the bagged meals, serve the meals, or both.
- Prayer Ministry
- You are invited to join other prayer warriors for a time of spiritual communion with God from 8:00—8:30 p.m. During the prayer session, we deliberately interrupt our preoccupation with ourselves and attend to God, placing ourselves intentionally in (i) Sacred Space; (ii) Sacred Time; and (iii) in His Holy Presence, in order to listen and respond to Him. The Prayer Ministry also affords us an opportunity to engage in intercessory petitions for our family, friends, neighbors, country, and the world.
- Digital Marquee – Ordering a digital marquee upcoming for upcoming Mount Vernon announcements
- Audio / Visual – Select system for monitors and sound system for sanctuary, nursery, fellowship hall
- Audio / Visual – Technician for weekly services and updates
- Landscape and Facility Management – Designing and maintenance
- Memorial Book – Update memorial display book and stand